Please take a moment to review the basic steps and reminders below. Understanding some simple guidelines makes for a better car sharing experience for you and your fellow members. If Enterprise CarShare is at your work site for business use, your policies may differ from those listed below.
- CarShare at the speed of YOU. Go mobile with our new Enterprise CarShare app, available for iOS and Android. Make, change, cancel, or extend your reservations right from your smartphone.
- Don’t have a smartphone? Visit our mobile-friendly site! (You may also call our Member Services team at 877.599.3227)
- Log in using your member ID and password.
- Select the time you need and search for vehicles in your desired area. Reserve 15-minute increments with a one-hour minimum.
- Confirm your reservation. You will receive a confirmation email with details and directions to the vehicle.
UNLOCK AND GO!
- Locate your reserved vehicle.
- Place your membership card over the reader on the windshield. Wait for the yellow light and then remove the card. The doors will unlock when the light turns green.
- You must bring your membership card with you to the car. It is the only way to access the vehicle. Only you or another approved driver on the same Enterprise CarShare account is allowed to drive the vehicle during your reservation.
- Take 5 Before You Drive. Before you go, take a minute or two to check the vehicle for damage. You’ll find a Damage Evaluator and instructions in the glove box. Report any damage or vehicle issues to our emergency line (877.599.3227) before driving away to avoid being held responsible.
- Remove the key from the key holder located inside the glove box.
- Use your key to lock and unlock the vehicle during your reservation.
- Smoking in the vehicle is not allowed.
- Pets are required to be crated at all times while in the vehicle.* Please return vehicle free of pet hair.
- Let us know about any problems right away. If you believe the vehicle needs service, or in the unfortunate event that you are in an accident that requires vehicle or roadside assistance, please contact us immediately (877.599.3227) so we can assist you.
- In case of an accident, please refer to the Accident Checklist located in the vehicle’s glove box. Failure to immediately report and collect all accident information may result in additional damage charges, fees and/or termination of membership.
*Service animals used by members or passengers with disabilities are allowed in the vehicle without a carrier.
- Fuel is included! You are required to return the vehicle with at least a ¼ tank or more. Use the pre-paid fuel card located in the vehicle. Simply swipe the card at the pump before fueling. When prompted, enter your unique fuel pin number (located on the front of your membership card) and the odometer reading from the car.
- If you experience trouble using the pre-paid fuel card, please call for assistance (877.599.3227). You may be asked to pay for fuel and submit your receipt for quick reimbursement.
- Please return your vehicle on time.
- If you need more time, extend online or by phone prior to the end of your reservation. Late fees are incurred for returning or extending after your reservation has ended. If your extension or late return delays another member who has reserved the vehicle you are driving, additional costs may be incurred to accommodate them.
- Return the vehicle to its designated parking space (where you found it).
- Do not park your personally owned vehicle in the Enterprise CarShare space - unauthorized vehicles may be towed. If you are unable to return your reserved vehicle to its designated space because it is occupied or blocked, please contact us right away (877.599.3227). We will ask you to find nearby legal/unrestricted parking and to let us know the location so we can notify the next member.
- Please remember to leave the vehicle ready for the next member. Clean up any trash or spills, return seats to upright position, remove keys from ignition, and turn off the lights and engine. If the next member reports that the car has been left in an unacceptable condition, you may be charged a fee.
- Don’t forget your stuff. Enterprise CarShare is not responsible for the loss of items left behind.
- Place the key in the key holder located in glove box. Make sure the fob “snaps” back into the holder.
- Exit the vehicle (do not manually lock the doors).
- Hold your membership card over the reader on the windshield until the light turns red and the doors lock.
- Once the doors lock, your rental has ended.
- The credit card on file must be in the name of the primary member (account holder).
- The card on file must be a major credit card.
- The final cost of your reservation (including total time, mileage overages, and fees) will be charged to your pre-authorized credit card on file. You will receive an emailed payment receipt for any charge billed.
- Annual memberships renew automatically. When applicable, your annual membership fee will be charged upon the anniversary month of your join date.
- Reservation Cancellation Policy
- We know that plans can change. If you need to cancel or change a reservation, you can do so online or by phone (877.599.3227) before your reservation begins.
- Please cancel at least 3 hours before your reservation begins. If you cancel or shorten with less than 3 hours notice, you will be billed for the first 3 hours of your reservation, or the cost of your reservation, whichever is less.
- If you do not cancel your reservation and do not drive, you will be billed for the estimated cost of your reservation.
- Returning Early
- If you plan to return your vehicle earlier than expected, simply shorten your reservation online or by phone (877.599.3227).
- Starting at the time you notify us of your early return, you are responsible for 3 hours of your canceled time, or the remainder of your trip, whichever is less.
To ensure that everyone is doing their part to consider their fellow members, members who break the rules will be charged a penalty, not to exceed the following limits:
|Low Fuel: Returned the vehicle with less than ¼ tank
|Late Extend: Extended your reservation after your end time
||$50 + cost of additional time
|Late Return: Returned the vehicle late without notice
||$50 + cost of additional time
|Returned Improperly: Next driver reported vehicle was returned in an unacceptable condition. (Includes but is not limited to: trash or mess, lights or ignition left on, windows left down, seats not passenger-ready, key in ignition)
||$50 ($25 with notice) + costs incurred*
|Smoking: Next driver reported evidence of smoking such strong odor, ashes, etc
|Pet Hair: Next driver reported pet hair or mess in vehicle
||$250 + costs incurred*
|No Reservation: Accessed or drove vehicle without a reservation (includes taking wrong car)
|Roadside Service as a result of member error or negligence
(When provided roadside assistance is a result of member error or negligence, such as lock out service, fuel delivery, jump start or flat tire, member will be responsible for fee and costs incurred.)
|$50 + costs incurred*
|Not Locked: Vehicle not locked & secured with membership card/fob (reservation not properly ended)
||$50 + costs incurred*
|Missing Fuel Card
|Lost Ignition Key
||Cost of replacement
|Vehicle Returned to Wrong Location
||$100 or $0.50/mil (whichever is greater) + costs incurred*
||Damages & associated costs*
|Manual driver license verification required when automated verification fails as a result of out-of-date account information
|Membership Card Replacement
Local and state taxes may apply.
*Costs incurred may include but are not limited to: taxi fare or rental car accommodations for a displaced member, vehicle cleaning, vehicle repair or retrieval, payment of ticket or violation, replacement of missing or damaged property (fuel card, ignition key, etc), and daily loss of use equivalent to the daily rental rate of the vehicle.
More questions? Read our FAQs or contact us.